Wednesday, July 3, 2013

LASERS DO NOT LOSE THE HAT

Now this is the old man himself sailing with his winter life jacket (an old Musto they don't make anymore).  Note that the hat is held on with strong cord seen just in front of his left ear and secured with a slider just under his chin and the rest of the cord forming a wide "C" hanging down from his chin.  With this arrangement and the cord tight the hat doesn't blow off or fall off if brushed by the boom.  I can swim under the boat in a San Francisco roll and come up with my glasses and hat still on. 

I don't see this kind of thing on  pictures of the really good guys, but have some friends that are seen going back to pick up their hat during a race. 

So think about keeping your hat on.
.

2 comments:

  1. I have a hat very similar to yours and my Significant Other has told me she still loves me despite how it looks on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually the hat is from the "Sun precautions" or something like that and supposed to help keep the skin cancers away.

    ReplyDelete