LASER SAILORS MAKE THE BRAIN WORK BETTER. Life Coach Chapter 4
1. The brain is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it gets. It develops more connections. It has more reserve in case it loses some function.
2) Stabilize the blood sugar. This is the only fuel supply the brain uses. Too much or too little is bad.
3) Exercise-(back to Chapter 1 )- reduces dementia by 50 %. Thinner people have less Alzheimer Disease. Moving and exercise increase hormones that are antidepressant and anti anxiety.
4) Learn new movements. That is different place in the brain.
5) Stay calm. Meditate. Pray. It all works. A little stress gets action and is good, but a lot does bad things.
6) Laugh! It releases good hormones.
7) Surround yourself with positive people– it is contagious.
8) Remind yourself about four good things that you are happy about.
9) Learn new things. Read a book. Learn a language. Turn off the TV.
10) Keep a Journal. A good place to write down the things that up set you and then forget them. Put in the happy stuff also.
11) Maintain memory. Review old memory to make it stronger. Review new things to make those connections better and associate them with unusual parts or action. Odd things help you remember.
12) Sleep well. 7 to8 hours. Nap if you need. Chemicals in the brain recharge themselves during sleep. Be short on sleep and the brain deteriorates.
13) In your Laser get you head down when you tack and gybe. Getting hit in the head is bad, bad, bad. Football player and Soccer headers sustain gradual as well as sudden injury. The brain is soft mush inside a rigid bone box. Don’t shake it up.