Reported in January Sailing World, a group of Etchells sailors hired a coach to prepare for the Worlds.
You could get a group for Laser sailing. Maybe only two boats. Could be a lot more. It might help to:
1) Get out on water more.
2) Compare your sailing with others.
3) The good folks work harder to make it look good.
4) The improving group sees the better sailing.
5) You can do speed testing.
6) You can have repeated starting practice.
7) You can throw in extra races.
They have a list of 10 suggestions, but I would cut it down to. Have a leader. Have a plan.